The Green Initiative at Georgia College promotes the responsible reduction, reuse, and recycling of materials and waste products. Currently, we are using a single-stream recycling program to collect paper, cardboard, beverage containers, and steel cans. You can drop off your materials in one of several collection bins inside academic buildings and outside residence halls.
- Identify current waste reduction efforts
- Audit campus waste stream
- Implement composting program
- Implement institutionalized recycling program
- Educate campus on waste management
Which items are accepted for recycling in the bins on the Georgia College campus?
- Paper (office paper, mail items)
- Plastics #1 and #2
- Metal cans (tin/steel/aluminum)
Which items are not accepted for recycling in the bins on the Georgia College campus?
- Foods and Liquids = Please remove as much food and liquid from your recyclables as possible. In addition, please do not put pizza boxes that have grease and cheese remaining in them.
- Glass = Please contact the Environmental Science Club for help with recycling your glass.
- Plastic film products such as grocery bags, ziplock bags, bubble wrap
- Plastics #3, #4, #5, #6, and #7
- Unlabeled plastic items lacking a number with which to identify their chemical composition
- Tissue products such as Kleenex and paper towels
Where can I locate recycling bins on campus?
- Small blue recycling bins can be found around campus in classrooms, offices, and dorms.
- Larger blue herby curbies can be found outside residence halls as well as at the West Campus Recycling Center next to the trash compactor.
- If you need a recycling bin, please contact the Office of Sustainability at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Georgia College Sustainability Council
Campus Box 085 | Milledgeville, GA 31061
Phone 478-445-7379 | Fax 478-445-4009
For more information: email@example.com